PMAL knows every person is unique, as are your needs and requirements.
Our services encompass a very personal and tailored experience. We know and understand the main focus is your illness. It can be a very stressful time, which is why we are here.
Let us take care of the details so all you have to do is focus on getting well.
We work with many insurers and government organisations throughout the Pacific, so contact us to find out whether you are able to access high quality, affordable healthcare, in Australia and New Zealand.
For each patient, we will arrange the following:
- Gain an understanding of your condition and have your medical records reviewed by our medical staff.
- Advise and book the diagnostics as necessary.
- Choose an appropriate medical specialist and hospital.
- Arrange your flights and accommodation in a self-catering, stylish apartment.
- Pick you up from the airport and have drivers available to take you to your medical appointments.
- Provide you with access to our affiliated pharmacies and allied health professionals.
- Arrange aftercare post operation to ensure you are in the best shape possible, as quickly as possible, to enable to return home.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
Will I be met at the airport?
We will ensure that you are met at the airport and taken directly to your accommodation. We will also arrange transport to and from your medical appointments.
What are the hospital rooms like where I will be undergoing treatment?
As a standard option, all patients have their own private rooms, complete with ensuites and the amenities associated with a hotel room (tea and coffee making facilities, digital televisions and extensive meal menus).
All nursing care is provided by experienced, registered nurses and comes included in the room rate. The hospitals are very quiet and private, designed to aid your recovery.
Do I need a Visa for medical travel to NZ or Australia?
If you are not a New Zealand or Australian Citizen you will require a medical visa for any major surgical or medical procedure. The process will be determined by which country’s passport you hold. Your PMAL Patient Coordinator will advise you if it is necessary.
When I am not at the hospital accommodation, what will the other accommodation be like, before and after my medical or surgical treatment?
PMAL select a high standard of largely self-catering accommodation that is comfortable, quiet and within close vicinity of the private hospital. We offer a range of accommodation types, which we will tailor to your needs and preferences. All our providers are very used to having medical patients as guests and make an extra effort to ensure you are well looked after.